The Guiding Principles
SSNBS has some guiding principles, regulating its activities, among
- Fulfillment of citizens entitlement to public information.
- Decisions made strictly on professional considerations, scientific principles and professional ethics regarding the methods and procedures for collection, processing, storage and dissemination of statistical data
- Choice of the right sources of statistical data drawn from various sources such as surveys or administrative records on the basis of quality, timeliness, costs and the burden on respondents.
- Ensuring that individual data collected for statistical compilation shall be strictly confidential and used exclusively for statistical purposes
- Adhering to the use of international statistical concepts, standards and methods so as to promote consistency and efficiency of the statistical system.